Macros (makes 6 servings):
- Rotisserie chicken
- Bacon (one 12 oz package – I used Meyer’s center cut)
- Broccoli (500 g, about three medium heads)
- Olive oil (2 TBSP)
- Elbow macaroni (two 16 oz boxes – only going to use 10 servings which is just over one box. You can probably get away with using only one box)
- Cabot shredded cheese (one 8 oz package of Mac & Cheese flavor)
- Cabot shredded cheese (one 8 oz package of Bacon & Cheddar flavor)
- Heavy cream (one 8 oz container)
- Milk (3 cups of 1%)
- Butter (10 TBSP)
- Flour (1/3 cup)
- Panko breadcrumbs (180 g/six servings)
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, cayenne, paprika
- Shred rotisserie chicken with your hands and remove unwanted bones/meat. Set aside.
- Dice the raw bacon into small bits and cook in a pan until desired tenderness
- Bring water to a boil and cook the noodles until desired tenderness. Drain and add to a 9×13 baking sheet
- In a large pot melt 6 TBSP butter
- Add flour (1/3 cup) and mix evenly
- Add milk (1 cup) and heavy cream (1 cup). Stir until sauce thickens a little bit.
- Add more milk (2 cups) and both packages of cheese.
- Mix for a few more minutes until sauce thickens again.
- Add cheese sauce to the noodles in the 9×13 pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 ºF
- Cut broccoli away from the stems
- Add to a large bowl along with olive oil (2 TBSP). Add salt & pepper, Italian seasonings, and cayenne to taste.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with non-stick spray
- Place seasoned brussels on the tray face down and cook at 400 ºF for ~ 25 mins (note: you can save this step and cook the broccoli at the same time as the mac & cheese)
- Melt 4 TBSP butter in a large bowl
- Add breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Add breadcrumb mixture to the top of the mac and cheese
- Sprinkle paprika over the breadcrumbs
- Bake in the oven at 400 ºF for 25-30 minutes