Macros (makes 6 servings):
- Pork loin back ribs (3 lbs)
- Apple cider vinegar (1/3 cup)
- Worcestershire sauce (2 TBSP)
- Brown sugar (4 TBSP – I used Domino pourable light brown sugar)
- BBQ sauce (one 18 oz container – I used Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet)
- Brussel sprouts (600 g)
- Olive oil (2 TBSP)
- Baked beans (two 28 oz cans – I used Bush’s Brown Sugar Hickory)
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, oregano, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, Memphis rendezvous seasoning
- Remove ribs from the package, season them thoroughly (including the brown sugar!), and then cut into thirds
- Add water (2 cups), apple cider vinegar (1/3 cup), and Worcestershire sauce (2 TBSP) to the instant pot along with the ribs.
- Cook the ribs in your instant pot on high for 20 mins (note: you can also use a slow cooker for 4 hours)
- While the ribs are cooking, add the baked beans to a large pot and bring to a light boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 ºF
- Cut brussels sprouts in half
- Add to a large bowl along with olive oil (2 TBSP). Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with non-stick spray
- Place seasoned brussels on the tray face down and cook at 400 ºF for ~ 25 mins
- Once the ribs are done cooking, remove from the instant pot and add to a baking sheet lined with foil. Baste both sides of the ribs with barbecue sauce
- Turn your oven to broil
- Cook ribs on high broil for 4-6 minutes (check every minute or so to make sure they don’t burn!)