Macros (makes 6 servings):
- Salmon filet (3 lbs)
- Olive oil (3 TBSP)
- Jasmine rice (15 servings – I buy the big bag from Costco)
- Coconut water (one 18 oz can)
- Lite coconut milk (one 13.5 oz can)
- Mango (1 medium)
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red onion (1 medium)
- Lime juice
- Seasonings: Chili powder, brown sugar, salt
- Add jasmine rice, coconut water, and coconut milk to a rice cooker. Add extra water (1:2 ratio of rice to liquid in total) and cook on the white rice setting.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 ºF
- Remove salmon from the package. Season with chili powder, brown sugar, and salt
- On the stove, heat 3 TBSP olive oil in a pan on high.
- Sear the salmon for a few minutes each side (skin side up first)
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with non-stick spray
- Transfer seared salmon to the baking sheet
- Bake at 400 ºF for ~ 20 mins (internal temp of 145 ºF in the middle of the largest filet)
- Peel and dice the mango, along with the bell peppers and red onion. I like to use this Brieftons vegetable chopper
- Transfer diced mango and veggies to a small bowl. Add fresh cilantro and lime juice.
- Add cooked rice to meal prep containers followed by the cooked salmon
- Top with mango salsa