Macros (makes 6 servings):
- Chuck roast (3 lbs)
- Olive oil (2 TBSP)
- Minced garlic (2 TBSP)
- Onion soup mix (2 packets)
- Beef broth (2 cups)
- Russet potatoes (3 lbs)
- Butter (8 TBSP = 1 stick)
- Sour cream (24 TBSP = 1.5 cups)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Broccoli (2 medium sized heads)
- Onion (1 large)
- Carrots (one 7 oz bag)
- Cornstarch (4 TBSP)
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, oregano, parsley
- Preheat the the oven to 425 ºF
- Cut the broccoli away from the stem
- Cut the carrots into small pieces
- Add the veggies to a large bowl and toss with olive oil and all seasonings
- Add the veggies to a baking sheet lined with foil. Cook at 425 ºF for 25 minutes
- Peel the potatoes, dice them into large cubes, and then add them to an instant pot along with 2 cups of water and salt.
- Cook on high for 12 minutes then quick release the pressure
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large bowl. Add butter, sour cream, and milk along with salt & pepper to taste. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Dice your onion
- Cut the chuck roast into large cubes
- Add 2 TBSP of olive oil to an instant pot and set on sauté setting
- Brown the beef cubes
- After browning the beef, add the diced onions, beef broth, and both packets of French onion soup mix.
- Cook on high for 60 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally over 20 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure
- Drain the beef and shred with bear paws (save the liquid!)
- Add the liquid back to the instant pot. Set on soup setting
- Once the liquid comes to a boil, make a slurry of the cornstarch and cold water. Add the slurry to the liquid and allow it to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mashed potatoes, veggies, and shredded beef to your meal prep container. Top the mashed potatoes and beef with gravy.