Macros (makes 6 servings):
- Hamburger buns – one package of 8 (I used Pepperidge Farm sesame buns)
- Ground beef – 2.5 lbs (I used 80/20. Can use a leaner meat or even ground turkey)
- Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce – 2 cans
- Red potatoes – 54 oz (~3.4 lbs)
- Pre-trimmed green beans – 900 g or one 32 oz bag
- Olive oil – 6 TBSP
- Seasonings – salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 ºF
- Remove ground beef from the package and cook on the stove-top
- Drain ground beef & then add the Manwich sauce. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Add pre-trimmed green beans to a large bowl along with 3 TBSP of olive oil and whatever seasonings you’d like
- Toss to coat
- Add green beans to baking sheet
- Put in the oven at 400 ºF for 30 mins
- Line a second baking sheet with foil. Spray with non-stick spray. (note: you may need two baking sheets for all of the potatoes)
- Rinse and cube potatoes
- Add potatoes to a large bowl along with 3 TBSP of olive oil and whatever seasonings you’d like
- Toss to coat
- Add potatoes to the second baking sheet
- Once the green beans are done, exchange them with the potatoes. Cook at 400 ºF for 30 mins and then broil on high for a few minutes (be careful so they don’t burn)
- Assemble sloppy joes on the day of consumption (otherwise buns will get soggy).
Pro-tip: put the bun in a toaster oven for a few mins before sandwich