Macros (makes 6 servings):
- Chicken breast (26 oz)
- Broccoli (600 g – I used 3 medium-sized fresh heads)
- Knorr cheddar broccoli rice (5 packages)
- Daisy lite sour cream (one 8 oz container)
- Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup (one 10.5 oz can)
- Campbell’s cream of chicken soup (one 10.5 oz can)
- Onion (one medium-sized)
- Butter (3 TBSP)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (one 8 oz package)
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or on the stovetop according to the package. Set aside once cooked.
- Cut broccoli away from the stems
- Add broccoli heads and 1 cup of water to an instant pot and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Let the broccoli sit for an additional 5 minutes before releasing the pressure (note: you can cook the broccoli however you want – I just chose this way so I could easily break the broccoli into tiny pieces for the casserole).
- Remove the broccoli from the instant pot and set aside
- Pre-heat oven to 400 ºF
- To your instant pot, add 3 TBSP butter and diced onion. Turn the instant pot on sauté & cook for a few minutes.
- Cube and season your chicken. Add to the instant pot with the onions and cook the chicken until there’s no pink in the middle of the largest piece (ensures all the smaller pieces are cooked through, too).
- Add half of the cooked rice to a 9×13 baking pan (save the other half as a “side” otherwise all of it won’t fit into the pan) along with the entire container of sour cream and two cans of soup.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Top with the entire package of cheddar cheese
- Bake in the oven at 400 ºF until cheese is melted (10-12 minutes).