Macros (makes 6 servings):
- Ground beef (3 lbs of 80/20)
- Jasmine rice (3 cups = 12 servings)
- Onion (1)
- Red bell pepper (2)
- Olive oil (2 TBSP)
- Minced garlic (2 TBSP)
- Lemon juice (4 TBSP)
- Soy sauce (2 TBSP)
- Worcestershire sauce (2 TBSP)
- Tomato purée (28 oz – I used Cento brand)
- Black beans (three 15.5 oz cans)
- Seasonings: chili powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, chili flakes
- Avocado (3) [not pictured]
- Add your white rice (3 cups) and water (6 cups) to a rice cooker. Cook on white rice setting
- Dice onion and red pepper
- Add olive oil to a large pan/wok along with the diced onion and pepper. Sauté until desired tenderness (~ 6-8 minutes)
- Add ground beef and cook until done
- Drain the ground beef, onion, and bell pepper mixture. Add to a large bowl.
- Drain the black beans and add them to the large bowl with the ground beef.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the Cento tomato purée, lemon juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and all seasonings. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add the sauce to the beef and bean mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the cooked white rice to a meal prep container followed by the beef and bean mixture
- Garnish with cilantro (optional) and avocado [not pictured]