Macros (makes 6 servings):
- Tilapia (3 lbs)
- All-purpose flour (3/4 cup)
- Egg (5)
- Panko bread crumbs (one 8 oz can)
- Tartar sauce (one 9 oz container)
- Russet potatoes (3 lbs)
- Peanut oil (6 TBSP)
- Pre-packaged coleslaw mix (one 16 oz bag)
- Mayo (1/2 cup)
- White granulated sugar (3 TBSP)
- Whole milk (1/4 cup)
- Lemon (1)
- White wine vinegar
- Seasonings: Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Flavor God Honey BBQ, paprika
- Add sugar, white wine vinegar, milk, mayo, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper (to taste), and coleslaw mix to a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 ºF
- Cut potatoes into fries using a French fry cutter
- Add potatoes to a large bowl with water. Soak potatoes for 10-15 minutes, drain the potatoes, and then pat them dry with paper towels.
- Add peanut oil and all seasonings except Old Bay. Mix thoroughly.
- Add potatoes to a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 425 ºF
- Flip the fries and bake for another 25 minutes at 425 ºF
- Turn the oven to high broil and broil the fries for 4 minutes
- Slice tilapia into 3-4” fish sticks
- Dip in flour, egg mixture, and then breadcrumbs mixed with old bay.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400 ºF (flip them at 5 minutes). Note: I had to do this in several (4 or 5) batches in my air fryer. It took a while… but they turned out great!